The Bedlington Terrier is a small dog breed named after the mining town of Bedlington, Northumberland in the North East of England. Initially, they were raised for hunting, before participating in dog sports and becoming a great companion for humans. Bedlington Terrier price is quite high, with an average of $1500/ puppy. If you are interested in this dog breed, please continue to follow the article below. We provide details on their prices, reputable selling places to find Bedlington Terrier puppies for sale and their characteristics.
Supplies to Prepare before Picking Up a Puppy
- House or Crate
- Food & Nutrition
- Dry Food
- Wet Food
- Canned Food
Bedlington Terrier price range
There are different types of Bedlingtons to choose from. Pet-only puppies (limited registration) are a lot cheaper than fully registered ones (with breeding rights). If you are not a professional breeder, a limited registered Bedlington will be a reasonable choice for you.
Price of Bedlington Terriers with limited registration
Without breeding rights, these puppies are quite affordable, ranging from $1300 – $1600/ puppy. Personally, we think this price range is just right for a unique and talented puppy like Bedlington Terrier.
Price of Bedlington Terriers with full registration
Allowed to breed, fully registered puppies are much more expensive than limited registered ones. However, their prices vary greatly, depending on their quality, lineage and breeders.
- Bedlingtons from lesser-known breeders cost from 2000 – $2700/ puppy. They are often of common pedigree and are mostly raised as pets.
- Bedlingtons from well-known breeders cost a lot more, with their price from $2900 – $5500/ puppy. They are often of excellent pedigree and are mostly raised for breeding or participating in Dogshows.
>> You May Also Like:
- 75 Must-Have Shirts for Dog Dad and 244 Cute Shirts for Dog Mom
- Bolognese price. Where to find Bolognese puppies for sale?
- Price of Pomeranian – the most beautiful long hair dog of toy
- Best Waterproof Dog Boots that Actually Stay On Reviews
Where to find Bedlington Terrier puppies for sale
Bedlington Terriers for sale from classifieds websites
- http://www.puppyfinder.com/bedlington-terriers-for-sale/ – This is a large and famous pet classified website. It allows customers to search for pets for sale in many parts of the world, which means you can easily find a Bedlington puppy in your proximity. Puppies here are also reasonable in terms of price, ranging from $1000 – $2500/ puppy.
- http://marketplace.akc.org/puppies/bedlington-terrier/ – AKC Market is a familiar name for pet lovers. It offers high quality Bedlington dogs for sale so you do not have to worry about the puppies’ health and quality when making a purchase here.
Bedlington Terrier puppies for sale from reputed breeders
1. Ashcroft Bedlington Terriers
Starting their breeding job in 1982, this farm has so far created more than 30 champions in Dogshows throughout the world. By their constant effort, they have delivered the best puppies in terms of appearance, health and temperament.
You can find more information and contact them at: http://www.ashcrofterriers.com
2. LAMZ Bedlington Terriers
It has not been long since this farm was established. However, the farm already had their dogs participate in many Dogshows, where they gained some commendable achievements. With their passion and enthusiasm for this job, the staff here always train and take care of the puppies in a thoughtful, thorough and scientific way.
You can find more information and contact them at: http://www.lamzbedlingtons.com
3. Sandon N’ Oakhill
This is a professional Bedlington breeder with more than 40 years of experience. Here, they value their dogs as family members. All puppies born at this farm are well cared for and educated. With their endless effort, Sandon N’ Oakhill has won many prestigious awards during its 40 years of operation.
You can find more information and contact them at: http://www.sandonoakhill.com
Characteristics of the Bedlington Terrier
The Bedlington Terrier looks like a sheep, weighing between 15 and 22 pounds (7 to 10 kg). It has also been compared to a mini version of the Scottish Deerhound. Bedlingtons are usually born with black or dark brown fur, which then gradually turns to white or gray when they grow up.
Their coat is described as rough and hard, hence the nickname “linty-haired terrier”. Without regular care, the coat may quickly become shaggy and even harder.
The Bedlington is blessed with great speed and endurance. They can swim as fast as they run. Their swimming speed can easily rival that of the Newfoundland. Bedlington Terriers are fast enough to keep up with the speed of a regular horse. Moreover, they are very versatile. They can be a house dog, a rat dog or even a fox dog.
The Bedlington is highly aggressive and unfriendly with other pets. As a consequence, it is not recommended to raise this breed alongside with other small animals. You should also avoid raising Bedlingtons in families with toddlers, whose personality may be adversely affected by the dog’s aggressiveness.
Exercising keeps Bedlingtons happy and healthy. They love long-distance runs and active games that require durability. Bedlingtons are moderately intelligent and easy to train. When training these dogs, you should keep praising them and reward them with food. With the right training and socialization, Bedlingtons are great companions and passionate partners in all family activities.