Irish Wolfhound is a very sharp, intelligent and brave dog. Throughout history, they have been used in battles and for hunting large, aggressive animals. Today Irish Wolfhounds have become loyal and reliant companions in family. In some wild area, Irish Wolfhounds have been still used as hunting dogs for hunting deer, wild boars or other large animals. Irish Wolfhound price now is quite high, about $1300/puppy on the average. We will provide information about price ranges, reputed online Irish Wolfhound websites and characteristics of Irish Wolfhound in this article.
Irish Wolfhound for sale price range
Irish Wolfhound dog price is divided into several levels for you to choose: Limited registered Irish Wolfhound (raised as pet only) and fully registered Irish Wolfhound (allowed for breeding). Based on your raising purposes, you can choose a suitable level of Irish Wolfhound.
Limited registered Irish Wolfhound price
For these dogs, you can raise them as pets only and they are not allowed for breeding purpose, so their prices are not too high, from $1300 – $1400/ puppy. If you are not a professional breeder, a limited registered Irish Wolfhound will be the best choice for the need of raising a pet in your family.
>> Price of Other Hound Dog Breeds:
- Afghan Hound – The most beautiful longhair hound breed
- Price of Pharaoh Hound – The favarite hound of Pharaohs
- Price of GreyHound – The fastest dog breed on Earth
Fully registered Irish Wolfhound price
These dogs are allowed for breeding so their prices are quite high, but their price also depends on lineage, family records and breeding farms.
- Irish Wolfhounds coming from normal breeding farms will cost between $1400 – $2000/ puppy. These dogs often have normal family records so they are usually raised as pets.
- Irish Wolfhounds coming from famous breeding farms will have high price, from $2100 – $6200/ puppy. These dogs have well – proportioned, good family records so they usually raised for breeding purpose and participating Dog shows.
Where to find Irish Wolfhound puppies for sale?
Irish Wolfhound for sale websites
- http://marketplace.akc.org/puppies/irish-wolfhound – this is one of the most reputed online pet websites and belongs to American Kennel Club. When you are looking for an Irish Wolfhound, you can find here all of their information in term of age, weight, and breeders. This site will surely make you trust.
- http://www.puppyfinder.com/irish-wolfhounds-for-sale/ – if you are looking for a good and healthy Irish Wolfhound dog with reasonable prices then this is an online pet website for you. At this website, Irish Wolfhoud dog price is varied from $850- $3000
- https://www.puppyspot.com/for-sale/irish-wolfhound/ – this is a reliable online pet site to find good quality and ensured-health pets. Irish Wolfhound puppies have an average price, so they are suitable for all of people.
Irish Wolfhounds for sale from breeders
1. Sandra Coloco
Sandra’s Irish Wolfhound Ranch has 16 years of experience in breeding and training dogs, this breeding farm is one of the most reputed breeding farms that American Kennel Club has recognized. In this breeding farm, you will have puppies that are ensured about health and are well-trained with prices from $1200- $1600/ puppy, that is very reasonable prices for good quality Irish Wolfhounds.
You can find more information and contact them here: https://www.pets4you.com/pages/colochos/
2. Dixie Howell-Hirsch
They have had experience of Irish Wolfhound breeding since 1972, Dixie has received Breeder of Merit award from America Kennel Club. This breeding farm provides puppies that are not only good health but also beautiful appearance, they are well-trained to participate dog shows. If you are looking for high quality Irish Wolfhounds, this breeding farm is place that you can trust.
You can find more information and contact them here: http://www.sunstag.org/
3. Cindy Nunneley Biehler
Irish Wolfhound farm belongs to Cindy has won many awards in many dog shows and competitions for Irish Wolfhound in the world. Because of their love of Irish Wolfhound dog breed, they have constantly improved their training and caring methods of dogs for the best results.
You can find more information and contact them here: http://www.irishwolfhounds4sale.com/
Characteristics of Irish Wolfhound
Irish Wolfhound dog breed has giant size, their weight is between 100 to 130 pounds (49-60 kg), but their body is extremely elegant. They are also known as the highest dog breed and the largest hound dog breed in the world. Because of their giant size, they are often used in hunting deer, wild boars or other large animals.
Irish Wolfhound’s coat is rough and hard, the hair on the eyes and under the jaw is wiry and long. Their main colors may be gray, red, black, white, or yellow. Irish Wolfhound coat shed consistently throughout the year. So you should brush their coat weekly to keep them healthy.
Irish Wolfhound is smart and gentle, they are also friendly and very close to people and their families. With family, they are calm, dignified, and sharp. Irish Wolfhound is sensitive and must be trained by using praise and rewards. Abuse or physical punishment will not make them obey but make the training become worse.
Although they are often used in war because of its aggressive personality and giant size, Irish Wolfhound is not a high-powered dog breed, they are lazy and calm. They are very lazy to walk and jog, but have the enduring strength; they are also brave when protecting their owners and houses.
Irish Wolfhounds are very calm and lazy when indoors, but they are not suitable for people living in small spaces. Because of their giant size they still need to live in houses with large yards and fences so they can run and exercise comfortably.