The American Pit Bull Terrier (or Pit Bull) is a dog breed known for its bravery, endurance and aggressiveness, leading to nicknames such as “cold blooded assassins”, “warrior dogs” or “gladiators”. Pit Bulls are formidable competitors in all strength-related sports. As great as their popularity is, nowadays PitBull dog price can get quite high. In this article, we will provide all necessary information you need for getting a Pit Bull, including price, reliable sellers, and some notes on how to raise this breed.
Purebred PitBull dog price
Pit Bulls are available at different price ranges, depending on what you raise them for. If what you want is a companion and not breeding, Pit Bulls with limited registration are suitable for you. However, if you are a breeder or simply want to have many of them in your house, you should choose fully registered Pit Bulls, which, of course, are much more costly than the pet only ones.
Price of Pit Bulls with limited registration
Such Pit Bulls have no breeding rights. Normally, they are sterilized before leaving for a new owner. Their price is not very high, ranging from $800 – $1300/puppy. Strong and trustworthy Pit Bulls will be a great companion for your household.
>> Price of Other Aggressive Dog Breeds
- Price of Bull Terrier – The Ancestors of American Pit bull
- How much does a Doberman Pinscher dog cost?
- German Rottweiler puppy price range
Price of Pit Bulls with full registration
Fully registered Pit Bulls are varied in price, depending on the origin, pedigree and breeders.
- Pit Bulls from ordinary breeders cost from $1300 – $2500 / puppy. These puppies often have common pedigree, are over 95% purebred and are raised as pets only.
- Pit Bulls from well-known breeders is highly expensive, from $2500 – $6000 / puppy. These puppies are of outstanding pedigree, 100% purebred, raised for breeding, for Dogshow or for competition.
Where to buy Pit Bull puppies
Websites selling Pit Bulls
- Hoobly.com/pit-bull-puppies/ – This is a reputable and trusted pet website that offers a relatively large number of Pit Bulls. The price range is diverse, with some quite affordable for most people. Overall, this site is definitely worth checking out.
- Puppyfinder.com/american-pit-bull-terrier-puppies-for-sale/ – Pit Bulls here are extremely diverse in color, age, size and price so you can have plenty of choices. As a reputable pet website, Puppyfinder is a familiar place for quality puppies.
- Petclassifieds.us/American-Pit-Bull-Terrier.html – This is another well-known site for selling quality Pit Bulls. They offer healthy and nice puppies that can meet all of your requirements.
Reputable Pit Bull breeders
1. Bossy Kennels
The breeders here attribute their job passion to the love and respect for the strong and tough Pit Bull. With their dedication, they have created healthy and beautiful Pit Bulls which can satisfy even the most difficult customers. You can feel rest assured to place your trust here as puppies from this camp are guaranteed good health and quality.
You can find more information and contact them via their website: bossykennels.com
2. Manmade Kennels
This is quite a well-known Pit Bull breeding camp. Under good living condition and strict training, Pit Bulls here are not only healthy but also high-quality. Many of Manmade Kennels’ customers have nothing but positive feedbacks about the quality of puppies and the professionalism of the staff.
You can find more information and contact them via their website: manmadekennels.com
3. XXL Designer Pit Bulls
You can be assured of this breeding camp as they provide an ideal environment for Pit Bulls. Here, the priority is not only about puppies’ health, but also personality and other traits. Pit Bulls from this camp are excellent in quality and origin while retaining their very own agility.
You can find more information and contact them via their website: xxldesignerPit Bulls.com
Characteristics of purebred Pit Bulls
With a tough appearance, the Pit Bull possesses well-defined muscles and a weight of 50 to 70 pounds (20 to 30 kg). Their face is intimidating looking, especially with fierce red eyes and long, sharp teeth, which can possibly cause serious injuries.
Such traits make Pit Bulls a fear for its opponent and many people. They are capable of biting to death or cause serious injuries to other dogs.
Given proper training and teaching, these dogs can become a great companion. They are gentle with their owner’s family, loyal and dedicated. They can protect the family from any danger whenever needed.
When threatened or attacked, they become aggressive and fearless, even if their opponents are much greater in size. As such, there is no doubt that the Pit Bull is regarded as the most dangerous dog breed.
Pit Bulls have the ability to fight long and hard and rarely retreat before any opponents. Therefore, you should consider carefully before buying a Pit Bull. Be sure to buy well trained Pit Bull to limit their aggressive nature.